A 3rd generation Yakima Valley farmer, small businessman and conservative Republican, Dan Newhouse gets results for Central Washington.
Dan is a leading conservative voice for Central Washington and our rural communities. Dan has consistently received “A” ratings from the National Rifle Association and Susan B. Anthony List, a leading pro-life organization.
The Washington State Fraternal Order of Police wrote a letter thanking Dan for his support by saying, "Thank you for always supporting the men and women that put their lives on the line every day to protect and serve within the communities they live in."
Dan delivered for small businesses by championing PPP funds to help Washington small businesses stay open during the pandemic. Dan delivered for our rural communities by expanding access to telehealth and broadband internet. Dan has consistently received the endorsement of the National Federation of Independent Business for being a Guardian of Small Business.
Dan is committed to holding President Biden, Governor Inslee, the Radical Left accountable to the American people and our values to stop socialism.
Dan has two adult children, Jensena and Devon. The Newhouse family operates an 850-acre farm near Sunnyside where they grow hops for local breweries, grapes for local wineries, tree fruit, and alfalfa.
Dan has a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from Washington State University and is a graduate of the Washington Agriculture and Forestry Leadership Program.
Awards, Recognition and Service
- Association of Washington Business Cornerstone Award
- NFIB Guardian of Small Business
- Washington State Potato Commission Legislator of the Year
- Leo Award, Yakima Ag Expo
- Friend of the Industry, Yakima Valley Dairy Women
- Yakima County Farm Bureau, Past President
- Hop Growers of America, Past President
- Hop Growers of Washington, Past President
- Columbia River Task Force Member
- Daybreak Rotary
- NRA Member
- Elder, Sunnyside Presbyterian Church
- Thomas Jefferson Award by the International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA)
- American Conservative Union Foundation’s Award for Conservative Achievement
- National Wheat Advocate Award by the National Association of Wheat Growers
- Washington Council on International Trade (WCIT) 2017 Washington Trade Hero of the Year Award
NRF's Hero of Main Street Award